EWSA | Konferenz in Rom „Let’s shape the future”
On 13 March, on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome, the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) is holding a high-level conference, in cooperation with the Italian prime minister’s office and under the auspices of the Italian parliament, entitled Sixty years of European community – let’s shape the future! The conference will be held in the Auletta dei gruppi parlamentari, at the Montecitorio complex, from 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
The speakers will include:
- Laura Boldrini, President of the Chamber of Deputies
- Georges Dassis, president of the European Economic and Social Committee
- Paolo Gentiloni, president of the Italian Council of Ministers
- Domenico Minniti, Italy’s interior minister
- Ian Borg, parliamentary secretary for the Maltese presidency
- Sandro Gozi, Italy’s minister for European affairs
- Susanna Camusso, general secretary of the Italian General Confederation of Labour (CGIL)
- Luca Visentini, general secretary of the European Trade Union Confederation (CES)
The conference will comprise three sessions addressing the following key issues now facing Europe:
- Social Europe as a tool for tackling inequalities
- Completing the Economic and Monetary Union for a stronger Europe
- Integration policies and immigration
Following the proceedings, the EESC president Georges Dassis will pay tribute to Dr Pietro Bartolo from Lampedusa, on behalf of the European Economic and Social Committee, for the great example of humanity shown by this representative of Italian civil society, who has become internationally renowned following the award-winning film Fuocoammare [Fire at Sea], in treating the refugees and migrants rescued in the Strait of Sicily.
Attendance is by invitation only. For more information please click here.